Saturday 20 January 2018

Harry Potter #2 ** Finish **

It sure does feel good to get another one of these quilts finished. Pretty much the same as the first (see the post here), although a couple of blocks are different as I was struggling with the second block syndrome. How people repeat the same things over and over I do not know. For me I like variety so making the same thing more than once is tiresome. 



In this quilt the added blocks are the Wesley box and the Knight bus and I omitted the Time Turner as it was such a big block. 

Again the quilting is kept large and focused on outline parts of the individual blocks just to reduce the large areas of non-quilting. Here is the final quilt:


This was finished a while ago, I was just waiting until we had some nice weather to be able to take a picture.

This was one of the projects on my Finish-a-long list for this first quarter! So good to tick another one off the list.




Stats:
Pattern: Blocks by Whims and Fancies and Fandom in Stitches, layout by me
Quilting: Free motion stippling and some detailed outlining, by me
Fabric: Moda Grunge and scraps, backing is Fireside
Size: 57 x 66" 
Started: June 2016
Finished: January 20, 2018

1 comment:

  1. I am a fan of Harry Potter, this is a great quilt! I can sympathise with "second block syndrome", too... Thank you for joining the Finish-A-Long (on behalf of all hosts)!

    ReplyDelete