I have had this fabric for quite some time and have planned each year to make the kids some trick-or-treat bags rather than using the broken plastic tubs they have carried around for the last 4 years! Actually, I think the plastic tubs got thrown away in our recent move where we were quite ruthless! So it's a good job I finally made these.
I found a pattern here that pretty much met my needs and roughly copied it!
I started with a small appliqué pattern that I drew onto freezer paper and then sewed onto the background fabric using a zig zag stitch.
|A friendly ghost!|
|A witches hat|
I found some silver, sparkly, rik rak in my stash, just perfect for a little girl. They sew up really quick and had pretty much completed the two in a single evening. Amazing what one can achieve when ones mind is set and there's time!
I used fusible fleece but still decided to do a small amount of quilting on the back, spiders web, to go with the spiders!
Here are the two bags. The kids approved of them too!
Since this has been on my to do list for many years, and was on my #FAL Q4 list, it feels good to finally complete it! Perhaps this will be a productive quarter! I just discovered I forgot to link up my goals post with the ladies running the FAL, but I shall continue to try and finish some of my WIPs before the year is out.
Linking up to the WIP Wednesday at The Needle and Thread Network.