Friday, 27 March 2015

Moderninstabee Quilt ** Finish **!

It's finished! My modernistabee quilt is done. This is the front.

The back is a couple of the blocks that were more off-white than white and since I had a large piece of off-white fabric I put them together with some aqua scraps. 

I quilted organic lines horizontally on the yellow blocks and vertically on the aqua. The sashing has a squiggly pattern that can be seen better in this picture.

Just one more of the quilting.

The binding is a light grey (Kona ash maybe!?!) with some more scraps of aqua and yellow mixed in to break it up a little.

And that is that. One WIP off the list :) Linking to 

This was my goal for March and so I am linking up with 

A lovely year of finishes

It was also one of my Q1 goals for the Finish Along with 

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

Quilt Stats:

Pattern (front): Triple Star Block by Lindsay Conner in her book Modern Bee. The blocks were made by me and the other ladies in the bee group - thank you ladies.
Pattern (back): Designed by me using a couple of blocks and some scraps.

Fabrics: Mine and the other ladies stashes!
Quilted: FMQ by me using a Guttermann cotton white thread
Started: July 2014
Finished: Mar 2015
Size: 60" x 80"

Wednesday, 4 March 2015

A Lovely Year of Finishes - March Goal

I managed to meet last months goal of getting all the moderninstabee blocks sewn together and basted! Yay! So it it now ready for quilting. 

I am still deciding how to quilt this one, but I am hoping it will come to me soon.

So the goal for this month is to quilt and bind this quilt. 

Linking up with 

A lovely year of finishes

Sunday, 1 March 2015

Another one!

I made another sew together bag! This one here was the first one I made not very long ago! This time I used some of my favourite fabrics! Zen Chic's Comma. There's something about the bright yellow and green with the greys and whites. My stash of these is depleting, I so wish I had brought more! :( The plain grey fabric is a quilter's linen. 

The tutorial (Quiltbarn) suggests getting all the bits ready before starting! I would normally just jump in and start, but it really is so much quicker to prepare all the pieces first.

For this bag I wanted to do some embellishments on the outside. Some hexies! I love them, but I find I just haven't got the time to hand sew them very often. So these were machine sewn down. And then some 1/4 inch straight line quilting. I had envisioned a cross hatch quilting pattern, but when I got this far I decided it was enough and liked i as it was.

And here is this final finish.

And the inside.

These are really quite addictive once you've made one! And I want to try making the smaller version too! I'm thinking gifts for the kids!