Monday 23 February 2015

A Lovely Year of Finishes - February Finish

My primary goal for this month (post here) was to get all my moderinstabee blocks sewn together and to create a backing, as I don't have any pieces of fabric large enough to fit the front!



The top came together really quickly. I added a sashing of 1.5", finished.



I had a couple of blocks that had an off-white background so I used them on the back with some scraps of aqua and grey that were left over.



I even managed to get it basted last week! Now I just need to decide how I want to quilt it! This is my usual stumbling point!






So I achieved my goal for the month! But I am still hoping I might get to start the quilting before the month is out!

Linking up with 
A lovely year of finishes


5 comments:

  1. Looks great. Love the colors and the backing looks awesome! Congrats on making your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt looks great!
    Congratulations on the finish!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorgeous, are u going to quilt on your domestic machine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilt top looks great. Quilting is always the hardest part. I would maybe quilt 1/4 inch on the seams following around each star. Repeating on the smaller stars in the block. You would create a secondary pattern into the sashing and could maybe do a few more lines between the blocks. That's what popped into my head when I saw your lay out. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete