Wednesday 29 June 2016

Plus Quilt ** Finish **

I finally finished this one! I blogged about the construction of this one is here and just noticed that it has been sat basted and ready for quilting for nearly 9 months!! Oops. I could blame lack of quilting inspiration, but really I think life and new projects got in the way!





I chose to do some wavy line quilting in a kind of random grid like pattern, with randomly placed circles between the lines. 

 



The quilting took me forever, good job it was a relatively small quilt. But I love how it turned out.



I had to commandeer my middle child to help me take pictures. The smallest child was not tall enough, although she did try! They both complained it hurt their arms holding them at this angle. So I had to be real quick with my pictures!





And of course it was double sided to make the most of the left over fabric.




This was another one of my Finish-Along for this quarter (here).  I'm enjoying ticking these off!




2016 FAL


Stats:
Pattern: Random pluses
Quilting: Free motion wavy lines and circles, by me
Fabric: Denyse Schmidt and Kona solids
Size: 44.5" x 59" 
Started: July 2015
Finished: June 21, 2016

4 comments:

  1. Your colour choices and layout are divine! Congrats on a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt turned out great! Lovely front AND back. And great inspirational quilting. Glad you got another WIP finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't matter who I ask to hold the quilt for pics I get complaints!! Lol Congratulations on the finish and thank you for participating in the 2016FAL, on behalf of all the hosts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've GOT to LOVE a double-sided quilt!!! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete