Friday 1 July 2016

Friends for Christmas ** Finish **

I finally finished this Christmas wall hanging. I started this way back at a Christmas workshop I went to with my mum, but last year I made a concerted effort to finish constructing the blocks. I got it all together and basted in September last year. And there it sat!




I quilted it with an all over pattern of stars and loops. I just love these reindeers! Last week I finally put the finishing touches, or rather threads, to it. So now it is finished and in plenty of time for Christmas! Ha!




But I think this penguin decorating the tree is the best, perching on those parcels.





My little helper was struggling to hold this one still. This was the best snap I got before the arms gave way and she was asking if we were done :)





And here she is peeping above pleading 'are we done?'.




Another check on my finish-along quarter 2 list (here)! Yay me.



2016 FAL

Linking up with Amanda at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it Up Friday!

Stats:

Pattern: Lynette Andersen's Friends for Christmas
Started: November 2009 (roughly)
Finished: June 24, 2016
Quilting: Stars and loops by me.
Size: 45" x 43"



No comments:

Post a Comment