I think I did quite well last quarter with my ambitious to do list. I managed to finish 4 out of the 8 things listed. I finished 2 quilts, my first sew together bag and the Christmas gift placemats.
I did plenty of other sewing, but as usual they weren't things on my list of things to do! Always the way! Finish one thing, start two more!
Some things are being rolled over in the hope that they get finished this quarter:
1. The red and white double 9 patch quilt - still needs quilting!
|Double 9 patch|
2. The pile of Whovian blocks still needs assembling, quilting and binding!
3. I remembered there is still a Christmas wall hanging that has been on the go for many years! Perhaps I could focus on this one for a while.
|Friends for Christmas|
4. I made new lunch bags for my daughters last month. The boy needs a new one too, I have the fabric but the pattern that was great for the girls is not really suitable for the boy so I have stumbled on some fabric with sports balls in a blue and orange (sadly no picture yet). But it needs to be done soon ... like before the kids are done for summer! :)
5. I am hoping there is enough fabric left over from #4 to make the boy some pj shorts. Why do kids keep growing!
6. Something I started this month was some foundation piecing blocks. Not sure why, but I liked the pattern. It's Wild Winnie by Lilysquilts and was the block of the month in Love Patchwork and Quilting Magazine issue 19. I have 8 blocks done. I think this is heading toward a mini as there is no way I'm dedicated to piecing enough of these 5" blocks to make a full size quilt!
|Wild Winnie Blocks|
7. The Old Romance Cardigan - I made some progress on my cardigan last quarter but not enough to be able to wear it yet!
8. This one might not really count but it's going to involve a lot of sewing and some appliqué! In our family there is a beaver, a cub, a scout and a beaver leader! We have quite a pile of badges they have collected from the many events they all take part in. The campfire blankets were bought quite some time ago in the hope I might actually sew the badges on. All four of the scouting troop are off to camp in June, so I really should focus on this one and have it done before then.
|Camp blanket badges|
I think that's probably enough of a list for now.
Linking up with the 2015 Finish-Along with Adrianne at On The Windy Side: