This was really fun to do as there were a lot of different techniques to play with and with weekly deadlines there was the incentive I needed to make sure each block was finished!
I was doing so well getting the quilt top to the point of basted. But then my machine decided it didn't want to sew nicely so I took it in for a service. A week later I am still waiting to find out if it needs a new gear set or not. I could be without my machine for another 2 weeks! Going to have serious withdrawal symptoms by then!
Thankfully, I had finished sewing together the quilt top before my machine went in. When I brought the background fabric I got this Bella green and a light grey and plumped for the green to be different. I am struggling with it a bit, as the colours are just not me. I tend to prefer much brighter colours.
So, my quilt top will remain basted and will patiently wait to be quilted. I am thinking I will quilt each block differently as they are all so different and then an all over pattern in the green. But who knows what will happen when I actually get to do it.
There are some great projects resulting from this QAL in the flickr group, go take a look.