Wednesday 10 October 2012

WIP - mainly cakes!

Well, this week has not seen much sewing and far too much cake making! A birthday party at the weekend meant another very chocolatey cake:



And another birthday today means more cake! This one is for my eldest little girl who also received a real sewing machine as her present! 


She was very happy with the cushion I made :) And the jeans (forgot to take a picture) I had embellished went down a dream too :)



On the sewing front, I have started (ha, another one for the list to finish) a table runner for my parents as a Christmas gift. Some paper piecing trees so far.

And I am also trying to finish knitting a pair slippers! It has turned cooler here in the last day, someone took the sun away and now it feels like October should. When sewn together I need to felt them and I can't wait to see the end result. They should hopefully look something like the ones here, but this is them at the moment!! I'm sure it will all turn out right!



Birthdays are always lots of fun but I do feel relieved once they are over and things return to some sense of normal again!

Linking up to
  

I'm off to browse other people's progress now!! Happy creating. 




6 comments:

  1. I adore your cakes! I also really like your trees, mostly because they are not blaring Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift for your daughter. I bet she is absolutely thrilled and can't wait to use it. I think the table runner will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those cakes! The sewing machine cakes is especially sweet. Those trees are fun,too, can't wait to see what your table runner will look like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cakes are great, and very special! Birthdays in my house are all concentrated between Sept and Dec, so we all get fat, but we're happy! I like the look of the trees! i may have to experiment with the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wonky trees - bet the finished table runner will be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sewing machine birthday cake - so awesome!

    ReplyDelete