Wednesday 1 August 2012

Feeling British today :)

A friend visited us at the weekend from Cardiff, UK. He came with some very British gifts, which were so welcome! A bar of Cadburys chocolate! Yummy! It just does not taste the same here. And some Marmite!

Both of which have clearly been effected by current events! The Marmite by the Queen's Jubliee and the chocolate by the Olympics. 

And to top it off today the Brits got their first two gold medals. Bradley Wiggins for road cycling and Helen Glover and Heather Stanning in the pairs rowing. Nice work chaps! :)

So I thought I would share my British flag cushion cover I made a little while ago at a workshop whilst visiting family in the UK in March. Paper pieced using some Moda Papillon fabrics finished off with some linen and cute British ribbons. Still need to sew on some buttons but I'm sure I'll get round to that shortly! 



  


I saw this amazing quilt the other day which makes me think I might have to make some more flags. Now need to figure out how to add an extra hour or two to the day ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment