To start with I finished off my flying geese for the Happy Quilting Starburst QAL. After some pressing of seams they looked like this:
|Flying Geese for Starburst QAL|
I then got a bit carried away. I first constructed the stars:
and then put some of the other pieces together. So now on my design wall I have 4 starburst blocks awaiting final construction.
|Four blocks that just need sewing together|
I then checked out the Something New Sampler schedule to see what was planned for next week. Week #3 started a few hours early for me when I discovered one of the blocks had been posted!
One of the blocks this week is a reverse appliqué block. I have done a fair amount of appliqué before, but not reverse appliqué. It went together rather easily.
|Reverse Applique Block|
Now, back to sewing on the binding of a quilt I started months ago and should have finished by now.